Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 1: Project 1A

Hello Everyone~

My name is Lauren. I have never created a blog, so hopefully this works! I am taking this class because I took a humanities class a couple years ago and since then I cannot go a semester without taking one. I live in Petaluma, which is about twenty minutes from the Santa Rosa Junior College Campus; however, I always take classes at the Petaluma campus, or online. Because I have taken a few humanities classes already, I think it is funny that I am just now taking "Introduction to the Humanities." I am not sure why I did not just start here, but either way, I hope to develop an even deeper understanding of different cultures and ways that people choose to express themselves. I believe that much of the conflict between different types of people stems from the fact that many people choose to let differences scare them away, rather than try to understand why people are different. I look forward to working with all of you!

1 comment:

SRJC Online Guerrini Class said...

So happy to have you aboard, Lauren. It doesn't really matter which humanities class you take first; each is so different, each has a different focus. The goal is the same -- using different disciplines to study a topic; we want everyone to connect in some way; connect to our human nature in some way. I hope you enjoy the content of this class.

Ps when you get a chance, let me know what google maps says about the distance since you'll need this tool later. Take Care!