Friday, July 18, 2008

5c: Reflections

1. Cindi Shuler, component a, "My California": Dumas, Major, Chabon and Goldmark.

2. Cindi expanded a lot on "Berkeley," by Chabon. She went into detail about how unique Berkeley is and that was how I felt about all the places I researched for projects 2-3. Each city has its own unique culture, with many subcultures created within.

3. Something Cindi said that about Berkeley that caught my attention was how different it was from neighborhood cities. It made me think about how crossing a simple city line can completely change everything.

4. Cindi's work helped me to look "outside the box." Instead of just taking into consideration Berkeley's characteristics, I was also able to put it into perspective by thinking about what the life surrounding Berkeley entails.

5. I feel like this project helped to understand projects 2-3 more than projects 2-3 helped me understand this project. Looking at classmates' responses to the readings has helped me have an even more open mind.

No comments: